Friday, May 23, 2008

The countdown is on...

5 more days and we're flying out to Newport. First and foremost, I am SO excited!!! The countdown is getting me a little nervous as well however. I hate packing. I hated packing when I was single and only had to pack for myself, so silly isn't it? I would procrastinate it down to the very last second that I could, then hurry and throw all my stuff in a bag, generally taking way too much because I was just in a rush and wanted to make sure I covered all my bases (kind of like when I grocery shop in a hurry. I throw all kinds of crap that grabs my attention on the ends of the aisles and don't bother to check cost per ounce, etc. Usually I end up with buyers remorse on the way home.) Now that I have to pack for 7 of us, it's a much scarier process however. My kids are staying at my mom's house. RaeLeigh is thrilled because now she'll be able to swing to her hearts content (I REALLY need to get that girl a swingset, she's obsessed since she learned how to pump.) Unfortunately, soon it's going to be hot enough to fry an egg on the seat of the swing weather here, so she better get her fill of it for a while. My mom and my sister-in-law Taryn are my hero's. Words can't describe how grateful I am that they are willing to take on my kids for 4 days. It's going to be fun trying to get everyone organized to the point that they can easily see what goes for who. My husband doesn't know who wears what around here even :) Needless to say, I've got to get packing. Have I mentioned, I can't wait to have 4 whole days of adult time in Newport??

3 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

I don't know if this helps but I read somewhere that this mom put each outfit for each day in separte zip-locs, then labled which kid for which day. I don't if it's worth the effort but thought I would give you the idea anyways. We have always managed to get them dressed in their own clothes before so don't get too stressed over it Ü

Cari J said...

Yup. That's the plan, though I am planning to use my extra plastic grocery bags :) BTW, it was never a thought that you guys couldn't handle figuring out their clothes :) If it was my dear hubby, I'd worry about that more :) Like when I went out of town for work when Meg's was 2 and Ry was 9 months. He took Ryan over to Jens in Meghans pants. Mind you they were navy blue checkers, but the embroidered flowers at the bottom may have been a dead giveaway that they weren't boy pants :)

Ben and Taryn said...

So how was your trip? You should blog about it and let us know what it feels like to be without your kids for 4 days Ü! Hope it was great!